Finding Balance...Nutrition for Body and Soul
Finding Balance...Nutrition for the Body & Soul. Healthy eating should never involve restriction or deprivation. This is why diets do not work! True health means finding the right balance between giving your body the right amount of nutrients it needs and loving what we eat.
''Finding Balance'' is designed for anyone looking to lose weight, better their eating habits, improve their relationship with food, or who simply wants to have a better understanding of how food and nutrition affects them. This 8-week course will empower you with accurate, up-to-date nutritional advice, and will provide you with the support and motivation needed to make healthy eating and living a permanent part of your life.
Robin Glance is a McGill graduate of Dietetics and Human Nutrition and has been practicing at the MUHC for over seven years. Her specialties include weight loss, management and prevention of chronic disease and gastrointestinal health. She is passionate about the impact a healthy diet and lifestyle can have on one's life. Robin takes a client-centered approach to counseling, ensuring that any changes made are realistic & achievable. Robin has appeared on CBC Living, CJAD Health Beat and most recently, FLAVORS cooking show as a nutrition specialist.
- Motivation, goal setting, time management, emotional and social eating
- Balancing your diet, portion sizes & food myths
- Physiology of weight gain & dieting dangers
- The whole (grain) truth about carbs
- Fats: The good the bad & the ugly
- Exercise & metabolism, Protein in perspective
- Healthy hydration, meal planning & healthy restaurant choices
- Food labels & supermarket tour
This course is an excellent way to meet like-minded individuals and to form a community and support group to help you attain your personal goals.
This is not a diet. This is for life.
Dates: Wednesdays, Oct 4th - November 22th, 2017
Time: 7:45 - 9:00pm
Price: $200 for 8 sessions
* Nutrition receipts available for insurance.