Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring and wear to class?
- You will need a water bottle, yoga mat and towel for your mat (mat rentals and water bottles to purchase are always available)
- Men typically wear shorts and a light t-shirt that isn’t too baggy
- Women wear anything from longer exercise pants to shorts and a light top that isn’t too baggy
- Please use inside shoes for all classes
What if I’m not flexible?
- Flexibility will come with time and you don’t have to be flexible to start. Yoga teachers know how to modify postures to make every posture benefit even the least flexible student.
What if I have pain or a previous injury?
- It is always important to talk to the instructor about any existing physical conditions and concerns you have about them. Many of the classes we offer benefit those with chronic pain by helping the body regain its balance between strength and flexibility, movement and awareness. We also offer therapies (massage, osteopathy, energy work and therapeutic work) that will help ease your pain and allow your body to function properly and maintain healthy.
Can I eat before class?
- You want to have an empty stomach during a session, so leave at least 1 to 2 hours between a main meal and class. Digestion of food requires energy, and when you do workout after a meal, your energy goes to the muscles you’re exercising and the body can’t digest the food properly. If you must eat something before class, try to have something light 30 minutes prior such as nuts, a banana, etc.
What do I do if I’m running late?
- Please try to arrive on time however, if you do come in after class has started, quietly join the class as soon as you are able to. If you are running very late (over 30 minutes) no need to rush, simply come back the next day. We don’t want you to miss anything, but it’s best for you and the class not to join any later than that.
Can I leave during class?
- In order to keep disruptions to a minimum, please plan to arrive on time and stay for the entire class. If for some reason you need to leave early, please let the instructor know in advance. You are, of course, always welcome to enter and exit the studio (quietly) during a class to use the restroom.
How do I sign up for a class?
To sign up for a class you can do so either through the MindBody app, calling us, visiting us or through our website here.
Yoga Class Etiquette
To allow all fellow yoginis to have the best experience in class…
- Arrive to class on time
- If you are late, wait until after first meditation to go in the class
- Please refrain from wearing strong perfumes
- However, don’t forget to mind personal hygiene (classes can get crowded, and personal space will be invaded)
- Shhhh… Some yoginis might be meditating before or after the practice, so settle down your mat quietly and refrain from loud conversation
- Turn off all electronics before entering class!
- Remove shoes before entering the yoga room
- Don’t forget to sign in on the iPad at the front desk
Thank you for your understanding! Have an amazing class !